Monday, March 09, 2009

A swing at the tee

Dated: 8th March 2009

It was my first game of golf that I played. Jishnu took me to the Sri Fort Sports complex where they had a mini golf course with 9 holes. Jishnu learnt the game in Jakarta and I eagerly listened as he told me how the game is played. So I began to understand things like par, boogey, birdie and eagle. I also learnt how to use the clubs with the mark 'S' and '7', and what they meant. We did not need to use the 'driver' today as it was a mini golf course, but nevertheless I felt good swinging the 'S' and '7' and seeing the ball fly and land on the grass (and sometimes on the sand pit).

Jishnu said I did pretty well for a start with 2 pars, 1 boogey and 2 double boogeys in my game. I know I can become seriously addictive to this game...Maybe one fine day, I shall visit the greens more often. Thanks Jishnu for the lovely experience :)



Positioning myself to hit my ball





This was at the second tee, where I got a par





Jishnu trying to liberate his ball from the sand pit





A squirrel near the 3rd tee oblivious to our game of golf but engulfed in its own affairs

No comments: